Welcome to my food adventures!

I have recently decided to put my obscene love of food to some use. Now family and friends can keep up with me as I explore different kinds of food - at home, at restaurants, in other countries, etc.! I really do find that I associate lots of great memories with the food I eat. So this is as much a project for myself as it is for my friends and family. Enjoy! Hope some of it makes you hungry :)

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Beef sliders and fries at Bare Burger
















Tonight Josh took me on a little surprise date-night-kind of thing which included eating at a neat little restaurant called Bare Burger (http://bareburger.com/) followed by a stop at Cafe to Go on the way home. BareBurger was a really interesting place as far as the environment goes. I enjoyed the rustic-looking decor and thought it set an appropriate mood for enjoying the food they brought out to us, which was - I have to say - pretty great. I ordered beef sliders with french fries. The fries were amazing - if any of you have eaten at American Craft (previously known as Road House) in Boston or LuLu in Charlotte - they were so flavorful and really didn't need any sauce. However, they came with sauce and it was also a delight for the taste buds. Josh got a bison burger, which I tasted. I have to say, it tasted very good and if you've never tried bison (and if you eat meat), go for it. At a good restaurant! I included a couple photos so that you can see how it looked inside: exposed brick walls, glass bottle for serving the tap water, and the chandelier made of - yes, that's right - spoons. I have to apologize for the quality of the pictures; all of these photos are taken with my phone's camera. But you get the idea! I'd recommend it!

The cafe we stopped at on the way home was neat - local, new, lots of sweet treats and good coffee drinks. I got a chocolate croissant with a decaf latte. I might throw it in a post so you can see how delicious it looked, but I'm still not sure. I mean, if I'm to really continue blogging about my food experiences, you'll have to see a LOT of coffee and a LOT of pastries. Just look at my profile picture! Proof. THAT was in Portland, OR at Powell's City of Books. Another post entirely! All in all the night was fun. Walking around in Astoria (down by Steinway St) can be fun, and tonight it was very peaceful because we took the less crowded routes. Josh was feeling a little bit of a cold, unfortunately, but still took me to these neat places! Thanks to him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm 25-yr-old grad student who is really getting into her food. I live very far away from my family and most of my dear friends, and I would like to be able to share my food adventures with them. As most of them know, food is really the only constant in my life.

Followers