Welcome to my food adventures!

I have recently decided to put my obscene love of food to some use. Now family and friends can keep up with me as I explore different kinds of food - at home, at restaurants, in other countries, etc.! I really do find that I associate lots of great memories with the food I eat. So this is as much a project for myself as it is for my friends and family. Enjoy! Hope some of it makes you hungry :)

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Menchie's fro yo in Knoxville, TN



My addiction to Tasti d lite has been quelled by this place I found in Ktown. It's self-serve and by weight. They have lots of flavors, tons of toppings, and every machine does a swirl of its two flavors. So I tested out the pomegrante and country vanilla swirl. I added dark chocolate chips, strawberries, and a fat-free brownish cube. Mmmm.

Thus yogurt is especially special because I'm here in TN for my mom's birthday. I came up with the crazy idea to hitch a ride with josh on his way to the south and detour to TN so that we could make it in time to be home when she got home from dinner. I had pizza with my stepsisters while we waited for my parents to get home, then when they arrived I hid upstairs. I called the house as my mom walked in, asking her how dinner was while I creeped down the stairs. As she was talking to me on the phone, I walked around the corner into the kitchen area, only for her to be messing with the phone in her hand and not notice me at all. I then asked her to look around Becky and she complied, although confused, and the look on her face was priceless. She said, "I have to hang up the phone now," and then it was laughing and chaos and birthday cake fun.

I owe a lot to Josh for making the surprise possible. It was a lot of driving and very little sleep, but worth it! I'll be taking her to Menchie's soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm 25-yr-old grad student who is really getting into her food. I live very far away from my family and most of my dear friends, and I would like to be able to share my food adventures with them. As most of them know, food is really the only constant in my life.

Followers