Welcome to my food adventures!

I have recently decided to put my obscene love of food to some use. Now family and friends can keep up with me as I explore different kinds of food - at home, at restaurants, in other countries, etc.! I really do find that I associate lots of great memories with the food I eat. So this is as much a project for myself as it is for my friends and family. Enjoy! Hope some of it makes you hungry :)

Friday, June 11, 2010

First Real Day of Summer!!


I woke up on the day after I finished my first year of graduate school (classes, anyway - I wasn't done grading yet) and walked to one of my favorite diners. Cafe Mirror is located in Brighton Center in Brighton, MA. Sadly, I'll be moving away from this area! The ONLY thing I'll miss about it is the food.

Anyway, this meal marked an incredibly happy time for me. What a relief! One of my favorite meals - broccoli and cheddar omelette with home fries and toast, plus an iced coffee (just cream, no sugar). DELICIOUS. And so reasonably priced. Notice in the background Patrick Rothfuss' Name of the Wind, an excellent book. The start of a trilogy, supposedly. Eagerly awaiting the second book! Some more of my pictures will have books in the background because, after all, reading goes along so well with eating :)

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic Katie! Look forward to reading your alimentary adventures.... and seeing unos cuantos casados cuando estes en Chepe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thommasss! I tried to take a picture of that open-faced turkey @ Roadhouse but it was too dark and well... I guess the awesomeness of that plate can't be captured on camera. Mmm tanta comida frita que no sabre que hacer... pura vida!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm 25-yr-old grad student who is really getting into her food. I live very far away from my family and most of my dear friends, and I would like to be able to share my food adventures with them. As most of them know, food is really the only constant in my life.

Followers