Welcome to my food adventures!

I have recently decided to put my obscene love of food to some use. Now family and friends can keep up with me as I explore different kinds of food - at home, at restaurants, in other countries, etc.! I really do find that I associate lots of great memories with the food I eat. So this is as much a project for myself as it is for my friends and family. Enjoy! Hope some of it makes you hungry :)

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Obligatory Waffle House waffle



In Mt. Juliet, TN where my nephew had a baseball tournament going on. Coincidentally, my parents' hotel was only ten minutes or so from the Nashville airport, so my surprise visit ended up fitting in their schedule (more or less). Aside from airport food, this was my last memorable meal in the south. I didn't even taint it with syrup! Can't get Waffle House where I'm headed!

I actually have lots of fond memories associated with this establishment (there are two within 10 minutes of my parents' house in Knoxville so it wasn't hard to end up at one). Not the healthiest by any means but can be just the right food given the appropriate circumstances. :)

I'm making this post from the Charlotte airport, waiting on a flight to Newark and back to nyc! Just sitting here, obsessing over my flight to Costa Rica which is coming up on Monday the 28th.

Josh is currently in other parts if NC for his dad's wedding, and I wish I could see him.

Unfortunately I've got no reason to post on any food I've had today. Grosss. But hopefully my last day in nyc will produce something interesting and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm 25-yr-old grad student who is really getting into her food. I live very far away from my family and most of my dear friends, and I would like to be able to share my food adventures with them. As most of them know, food is really the only constant in my life.

Followers