Welcome to my food adventures!

I have recently decided to put my obscene love of food to some use. Now family and friends can keep up with me as I explore different kinds of food - at home, at restaurants, in other countries, etc.! I really do find that I associate lots of great memories with the food I eat. So this is as much a project for myself as it is for my friends and family. Enjoy! Hope some of it makes you hungry :)

Friday, June 18, 2010

Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Peach and Strawberry Cobbler


Tonight I made two recipes that I found - one on my Android phone and one just searching online - for a grand total of two very pleasing dishes. My audience was myself, Josh and Ben and all were pleased. Especially me :) I added vanilla frozen yogurt to the warmed cobbler in order to create the hot-and-cold mixture that so many people enjoy. I actually prefer mine cold... but don't tell anybody. Especially in the south.

I used Arnold's whole wheat kaiser rolls instead of buns and fresh green beans on the side of the BBQ chicken. It was my first attempt at making anything that involved "pulling" and I must say it came out nicely! Instead of boiling the chicken as the recipe calls for, I kiiind of boiled it in a skillet. Very little water. It turned out great!

It was a pleasant start to an evening that could have been better spent - the three of us went to see The Karate Kid, which was truly terrible. The kid was adorable, but his acting was not. Spare yourself. But! This is a food blog, so. Back to the food - Ben was kind enough to bring over some very fancy and tasty apple juice, which was a nice complement to the dinner itself. Anyone interested in the recipes will find them below; I made a few tweaks to mine so feel free to take them and run! Get creative; it's almost always more fun AND tastier that way.

Enjoy :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recipe for pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=59333&src=droid

Recipe for cobbler (originally just peach): http://southernfood.about.com/od/peachcobblers/r/r70913a.htm?r=et

Info on Pret a Manger, the brand of apple juice we enjoyed: http://www.pret.com/

3 comments:

  1. Wouo!! I would like to taste it... that really looks very good!! Greetings from the land of the "txistus" and surrealist people ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a restaurante vasco! In NYC, called Euzkadi. I can't wait to try it :D I didn't see any txistus though...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm 25-yr-old grad student who is really getting into her food. I live very far away from my family and most of my dear friends, and I would like to be able to share my food adventures with them. As most of them know, food is really the only constant in my life.

Followers