Welcome to my food adventures!

I have recently decided to put my obscene love of food to some use. Now family and friends can keep up with me as I explore different kinds of food - at home, at restaurants, in other countries, etc.! I really do find that I associate lots of great memories with the food I eat. So this is as much a project for myself as it is for my friends and family. Enjoy! Hope some of it makes you hungry :)

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Muenster BBQ burger with homemade potato chips

I have been suffering from a serious craving for cheeseburger and I finally cured myself of it tonight! After a fun but slightly wearing day in the city, I very much enjoyed making a nice tasty cheeseburger at home.

The day started off with a play in Manhattan near NYU, directed by a friend of mine from Tennessee. It was exciting for me as I really enjoy catching up with people from other parts of the country (or world) in places far from the site where we originally met. I keep seeing people from TN in places like Boston, San Francisco and NYC (almost Costa Rica!) and it gives me so much joy to have these encounters. Unfortunately, they normally don't last all that long. In any case, I got to have a short visit with Patrick Harrison. I thoroughly enjoyed his play! I'll post a link to information about it at the end of this post, in case anybody is interested and will be in NYC.

After the play, I hopped back on the train to meet Ben and grab some food to head for the park. Unfortunately he wasn't feeling so well (probably in part due to the massive amount of cake I sent home with him yesterday), so he sipped on a Schweppes ginger ale while I feasted on a bit of pasta salad. We sat on the grass in the park (not something I get to do terribly often here in NYC) and watched people, listened to somebody playing an instrument that could have been bagpipes (but we will never be sure), and contemplated the adventure that will be moving his furniture from Queens to Shelter Island tomorrow. We then returned to Astoria where Ben, having healed from drinking the ginger elixor, got himself a Subway sandwich. We briefly escaped the rain (RAIN!) so that I could pick out some acrylic paints - can't wait to use them by the way! - we then grabbed umbrellas and met up with Josh. While I was having my own adventures, he was attending the Affiliate Summit East, a giant conference that is pertinent to his world of affiliate Internet marketing.

The day really wasn't that exciting after I got home. It was filled with domestic chores (laundry, dishes, etc.) and I was so worn out from the previous fun that I fell into a little nap, after which I was fairly hungry. Enter cheeseburger. I ran to the supermarket and got some hamburger patties (frozen, much to my dismay) and potatoes. I grilled a patty up for me (Josh had hot dogs instead of hamburgers) and fried some sliced potatoes in a modest amount of extra virgin olive oil. I toasted the whole wheat buns, added a bit of BBQ sauce under the patty and topped it with some deliciously and easily melted muenster cheese. It was along the same lines as most of my meals - very simple but extremely tasty and satisfying. We of course sat down to watch an episode of Man vs. Wild with Bear Grylls. :)

The next couple of days should bring some real food adventures, as I'll be helping Ben move a mountain of belongings, doing a bit of hiking/walking/beaching (weather permitting) and will surely be quite hungry!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BBKKK is part of this international festival: http://www.fringenyc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm 25-yr-old grad student who is really getting into her food. I live very far away from my family and most of my dear friends, and I would like to be able to share my food adventures with them. As most of them know, food is really the only constant in my life.

Followers