Welcome to my food adventures!

I have recently decided to put my obscene love of food to some use. Now family and friends can keep up with me as I explore different kinds of food - at home, at restaurants, in other countries, etc.! I really do find that I associate lots of great memories with the food I eat. So this is as much a project for myself as it is for my friends and family. Enjoy! Hope some of it makes you hungry :)

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Euzkadi Basque restaurant in the Village









I really have no idea how to allign these pictures correctly - sorry! Anyway, I first saw this restaurant when I went into the Village with Josh and Eugene. I was amazed to find a Basque restaurant after waiting for three long years! I had found some in San Francisco but never made it to one. During my time in CR I asked Josh where we were going to celebrate our three-year anniversary when I got back to the States and he answered with Euzkadi! Clearly I thought it was a great idea. We ordered the same dish, bacalao. Salted cod on top of a risotto with chorizo sausage. It was just as delicious as I remember it being in the Basque Country (oh I forgot to mention, "Euzkadi" is Basque for Basque Country or Pais Vasco). I had a citrus-y white wine and Josh had a bit of rose. When it was time for desserts we really went out separate ways - I got my highly desired gateau basque (torta vasca) or basque cake, an almond cake with custard and strawberry sauce drizzled on top, with fresh strawberries on the side. He got some kind of chocolate mousse, as always. It was quite the amazing dinner!
I had flowers delivered to the restaurant for Josh, though he made me carry them home. :P All in all it was a wonderful dinner, and very peaceful! It was a Monday night and we were the only ones there. They really get most of their customers on Tuesdays, I think, because then there are live Flamenco dancers! I'll include a link to this fine establishment at the end of the post. If you live in the city, it's a must!
I normally don't like to put photos of people in my posts about food, but the waiter took this picture of us so it counts as part of the experience :) I have some other pictures of the restaurant itself, but there's not a nice way to make them all fit in here. If you can't make it to Euzkadi, put this dish on your to-do list (or your to-eat list). Bacalao.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link to restaurant: http://euzkadirestaurant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm 25-yr-old grad student who is really getting into her food. I live very far away from my family and most of my dear friends, and I would like to be able to share my food adventures with them. As most of them know, food is really the only constant in my life.

Followers