Welcome to my food adventures!

I have recently decided to put my obscene love of food to some use. Now family and friends can keep up with me as I explore different kinds of food - at home, at restaurants, in other countries, etc.! I really do find that I associate lots of great memories with the food I eat. So this is as much a project for myself as it is for my friends and family. Enjoy! Hope some of it makes you hungry :)

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sushi in Austin, plus a weird treat

The food you see here is one of the meals I had on my mini trip to Austin while I was visiting in August. I had sushi with a dear friend from my very interesting childhood, who happens to share my name :D I also happened to find what you see in the glass dish: chocolate-covered BACON. Don't mess with Texas.

While I did not eat that particular mix of salty-sweet, I did enjoy a salted dark chocolate caramel! It quickly became a melty mess in my hands, but it was worth it. Very tasty indeed. If you ever need a quick fix for sea salt dark chocolate caramels, by the way, Trader Joe's makes a mean batch.

While in Bay City I got in touch with my friend Kati, who lives in Austin. Turns out there are many of my friends and family who live there! So this one-day trip turned into a nice little visit packed with catching up. Our sushi adventure took place before it was time to go, and it was delicious. The manager made us some interesting flavored tea mixes, of which I did not post a picture, but you can imagine how delicious fruity teas were in the hot HOT summertime.

After a lot of last-minute planning (surprise, surprise) and having gone through a little bit of an emotional roller coaster when I found out that the car I had reserved in order to go Austin was not available, I was saved by family. I ended up using my dad's car to head over, which although it doesn't sound like much, really meant a lot to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm 25-yr-old grad student who is really getting into her food. I live very far away from my family and most of my dear friends, and I would like to be able to share my food adventures with them. As most of them know, food is really the only constant in my life.

Followers