Welcome to my food adventures!

I have recently decided to put my obscene love of food to some use. Now family and friends can keep up with me as I explore different kinds of food - at home, at restaurants, in other countries, etc.! I really do find that I associate lots of great memories with the food I eat. So this is as much a project for myself as it is for my friends and family. Enjoy! Hope some of it makes you hungry :)

Friday, January 7, 2011

AND WE'RE BACK: Seafood In, Bay City TX















I have already been back to Texas since I ate the food you see here... which means I have been REALLY slacking on my posts! But it's been a really crazy semester, as most of you know, and we won't talk about that here. You'll see it unfold little by little as I catch up on the posts I've been neglecting. I've got just under two weeks until school starts again, which should be plenty of time to get in gear!

The funny thing about this is that these posts are supposed to serve as a kind of memory journal for me, and now I'll be reaching all the way back into August to attempt to remember what was going on when I ate these things! However, I have such a strong emotional connection to most of these meals that it should be no problem whatsoever :D

What you see here are: fried trout (which was incredibly delicious and really took me back), bacon-wrapped stuffed shrimp and fruit-topped pound cake with whipped cream.

This was actually what we call a fish fry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_fry). It was a gathering of family for the sole purpose of eating great food, which for those who know me really well is just my kind of gathering! My dad fried up the trout, with the help of little monsters known as nieces and nephews (actually though, they were precious) and I threw together the light dessert. Just chopped up berries, Cool Whip, and sliced pound cake. It was a great meal for the weather!

We ate this on my last day in Texas, an event that never ceases to be bittersweet. I was ready to be back in the northeast, but always miss my family. Luckily, this time around, it wasn't too long before I got back, as we'll see in the coming posts!

What you don't see here are the fried potatoes and plantains that I made (gobbled up by the little monsters), which I daresay were a fantastic success :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm 25-yr-old grad student who is really getting into her food. I live very far away from my family and most of my dear friends, and I would like to be able to share my food adventures with them. As most of them know, food is really the only constant in my life.

Followers