Welcome to my food adventures!

I have recently decided to put my obscene love of food to some use. Now family and friends can keep up with me as I explore different kinds of food - at home, at restaurants, in other countries, etc.! I really do find that I associate lots of great memories with the food I eat. So this is as much a project for myself as it is for my friends and family. Enjoy! Hope some of it makes you hungry :)

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chalupas ticas



These chalupas were made of toasted corn tortilla (the best kind), molé de frijoles, cheese, avocado and chicken. So delicious!! This, aside from the fish our mamá tica makes, is the favorite meal of both me and Rebecca. So far.

---

Since I was making ALL of these posts from my phone, I didn't have the patience to write much! So I'm going back into my posts from CR and adding some information. This dish, although simple, was definitely my favorite. Our host mom ended up making them the very last night, which made it bittersweet for me and probably for Rebecca as well. I tell you what, these little chalupas are just so tasty. And so easy to make! As we gathered around the table for our last dinner in Costa Rica, our host mom gave us goodbye gifts. It was actually very sweet, because she knew I had been looking for a flag and although I had already bought a tiny one (the big ones were so expensive!), she got me a slightly bigger one. It was nice!

And that wasn't the last of our interactions dealing with gifts... because I left a very important gift for Josh at the house when I left for the airport! So now she is going to mail it :D

I can't say I'll miss my host family experience in general, but I will miss some of the meals and stories we shared with our host mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm 25-yr-old grad student who is really getting into her food. I live very far away from my family and most of my dear friends, and I would like to be able to share my food adventures with them. As most of them know, food is really the only constant in my life.

Followers