Welcome to my food adventures!

I have recently decided to put my obscene love of food to some use. Now family and friends can keep up with me as I explore different kinds of food - at home, at restaurants, in other countries, etc.! I really do find that I associate lots of great memories with the food I eat. So this is as much a project for myself as it is for my friends and family. Enjoy! Hope some of it makes you hungry :)

Monday, July 12, 2010

Cappuccino frozen en calle de amargura



Rebecca and I went searching for the university bookstore and ended up in this cafe. Delicious! And really cool art :)

This was one of the few cafes I went to during my stay in Costa Rica. The frozen drinks were on the whole very VERY good! This place was close to school in the Calle Amargura area. There are lots of shops and sodas - bars where you can get food for pretty cheap - but unfortunately this area can get kind of shady at night so I never really saw it after 5:00 pm. This was one of the many things Rebecca and I would end up doing to kill time before going back to our house in Sabanilla, because there is absolutely nothing to do there except go to the supermarket. Which we did! If I remember correctly, this was a pretty rainy day. In fact, most days were rainy days! We were there during the Green Season (cleverly put) or the it-rains-like-hell-every-day season. Apparently it's worse in October, but I can't imagine! In any case, this was a great little find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm 25-yr-old grad student who is really getting into her food. I live very far away from my family and most of my dear friends, and I would like to be able to share my food adventures with them. As most of them know, food is really the only constant in my life.

Followers